What is acquired hypothyroidism?
We at Cannabis Network News have assembled this article in order to highlight the various illnesses and ailments that Cannabis oil South Africa can treat. This being the first in the series, we will focus on Hypothyroidism. The condition that is known as “Acquired Hypothyroidism” is a condition that results in the thyroid gland producing too little thyroid hormone. This condition can occur during the childhood period and will usually start affecting a child from the age of 6 months. The thyroid glad is a organ which is found in the front of ones neck. The thyroid produces chemicals that are essential in helping your body to function normally. Some of the functions that the thyroid helps to regulate is the body temperature, growth and heart rate. A persons thyroid also affects how your body utilizes energy and this can affect a persons weight gain and weight loss.
What are the symptoms and signs of acquired hypothyroidism?
The symptoms and signs of acquired hypothyroidism may vary depending on the child’s age.
- Early symptoms and signs :
- Coarse or dull-looking facial features.
- Bulging soft mass in the belly button.
- Dry, flaky skin or thin and brittle fingernails or hair.
- Delay or failure in growth and development.
- Large arm and leg muscles.
- Hoarseness and large tongue.
- Later signs and symptoms:
- Feeling too cold when the temperature is just right or normal for everyone else.
- Feeling depressed, irritable, or lacking energy.
- Problems moving his bowel, such as constipation (dry, hard stools).
- Teeth may erupt (appear) late.Learning, speech, or behavior problems
- Swelling of his whole body, very slow heartbeat, and troubled breathing.
- Delay in sexual development, like breasts or testes.
If you know someone who suffers from Hypothyroidism, our products could be of assistance. If you would like to learn more about cannabis oil and its health benefits, please feel free to contact us today!