Does Hemp Cannabis Oil Actually Work?November 1, 2017
How Cannabis Oil Helps LupusNovember 7, 2017
Cannabis Oil for Cats
Did you know that cannabis oil is a great option for cats if they are unwell? Treat your furry ball to a drop or two of cannabis oil daily to see him through a rough patch. More research is emerging regarding dogs and cannabis oils and there is much feedback from pet owners who use cannabis oil successfully on their pets. When giving your cat cannabis oil, make sure it is just the oil and not a mixture diluted in water. Drop it directly into the cat’s mouth.
Why CBD for Cats?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is cannabis oil with a high ratio content of CBD which studies have found encourages health and vitality. CBD can treat depression, stress, neurological illnesses, pain and inflammation. The cannabis oil you choose for your cat will not contain any psychoactive ingredients so you can rest assured your pet will not suffer from any weird side effects. CBD can treat several conditions in your cat including general health, depression, anxiety, high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer and heart disease. Why not do some research and contact your veterinarian for more advice?
Cannabis Oil Can Treat Your Cat’s Ailments
- Arthritis – many cats end up in pain when they get older and they are hard to treat as they tend to retreat. Five them a few drops of CBD in their food, along with some fish oil
- Cancer – use the drops carefully but ensure you stick to the scheduled dosages; CBD has been known to ease cancer symptoms in humans, so why not cats? It will also make your pet more comfortable as he fights this terrible disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease – cats do get this and CBD can help decrease the inflammation and irritation. Use CBD to stop the vomiting associated with this illness and other symptoms
- Asthma – use CBD to relieve the inflammation associated with asthma. Always check with your vet whether you can mix CBD with medical treatments
- Pancreatitis – use CBD capsules to relieve the pain of this disease – it will ease the inflammation and can be blended with a low fat diet and special enzymes for digestion.
Some vets believe that in the next 2 to 3 years CBD could be a common treatment for cats that is sold alongside traditional pet medications. It could be used for pain and inflammation, neurological conditions and mild behavioral issues. It is important to realise that cannabis is not a panacea for cats and research is still emerging about its positive effects. Always check with your vet before you decide to give your cat cannabis oils. You can contact us for more advice at Cannabis Network News too.